Sunday, September 28, 2008

When You Say Goodbye, I Say Hello


Yesterday, my friend Matt Low and I went to Austin to drop his little brother off at ACL. While there, we found out the Robbie Seay Band is playing in Austin at Jesus Christ the Nazarene church, so we got our tickets and it was a great concert.

Lately I have been reading Phillipians, and I usually don't focus on one book too much, but i'm trying to this time. The more I read it the more it seems to come "alive." This passage has been tossed around in my mind a bit, Phillipians 2.

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,
who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross

I feel like I'm going nowhere. Everyone else in college has a goal of achieving some certain degree in some special field that interests them. However I do not have any goals. Lately I have been longing for God like never before. I have been extremely unsatisfied with everything else. I want to give more, I want to love more, and I want to care more about what's going on.

1 comment:

Natalie Powers said...

Love your post. Your heart for God shows more than you know. Keep striving and pressing in.