Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dandelion Heart

This is a new song I've been working on. While praying and talking with a friend of mine we got into an interesting conversation. He was telling me how hard his past was, and how making the transition back into high school was scary because he felt old and had this fear of not succeeding. I can relate, I'm not sure where I'm headed, but I think it's too early to worry about that.

are you way up there?
I hope that you are listening, hope to hear you whispering
how long can this heart beat
sink or swim is what they tell me and I'm a little scared
I'm jumping in the deep
but you can turn it all around and put me back in
the ground where you once found
my dandelion heart

what have I become
Am I the only one still hanging from a tree
shaking like a leaf
what if I should run
I'm like a ghost with noone to haunt
running in the dark

You will always shine
and together we'll brave the winters
you'll open up my eyes
and let me see your bigger than
what the world keeps telling me
what the world keeps telling me
You will hold me in your hands
and there i know my heart will be safe

you can change my mind
change is strange but im still listening, hardly hear you whispering
you know i can't stand long
had to bring me to my knees just to put me back on my feet
Lord your all i need
cause you can turn it all around and put me back in
on the ground where you once found my dandelion heart

No comments: