Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dreams of Flying

This song was featured on the King of California movie soundrack (It fit the movie so well), and during watching the movie and hearing it, I fell in love with it. So I bought the soundtrack and I've listened to it everyday this week. I, myself, am a dreamer so this song really resonates with me. I can get so caught up in my imagination and ideas, and to me this song is describing the constant chase for our dreams, and you never know which ones you'll catch, and when you do don't let go, and "try to stay afloat in this flood of dreams."

FLOOD OF DREAMS BY JOLIE HOLLAND

Oh how can I stand aside
and watch all these colors fly
out of this world and into the next
my heart is on fire
and I’m getting reckless

Lord the dream is slippin on
through my hand’s
are not made to hold
this flood of dreams is taking control

When you were mine
the sky was so high
forest were green
and the stars were bright
I’ve got the road leading me off
gravity dissolves

My home is floating on away
my dreams take to the road
as I try to stay afloat
in this flood
in this flood of dreams

No comments: