Monday, October 20, 2008

Thanksgiving is Coming


Lately I have strayed away from this blogging deal, but I'm hoping to find more inspiration to write. I worded that wrong; I need to find the drive to write, the inspiration is there I just don't want to write about it. This week has had it's ups and downs, and I want to write about how thankful I am to have people who are mentors in my life. In case you didn't know my father passed away when I was 6 due to pneumonia. Before that my parents were divorced so I wasn't around a fatherly figure much, when I was younger it was actually my grandma who I spent the most time with because my mom was a single parent working to raise my sister and I. By the way I love grandmas because they are crazy and kooky and are somewhat like kids; somewhat carefree but the littlest things they worry about, like if you fall and start bleeding they act as if your dying. So as much as I miss my father I am thankful to have God and people that can fill that hole in my life. Today my car broke down, and my friend Aaron took the time to help me fix it, and we did, and I learned something new about cars, and I'm sure he missed some quality time with the family on his day off, but I'm extremely grateful for his time. This weekend I get to go to huntsville and do worship at a retreat with my cousin Blake Quimby, and he's helped shape me and realize God, and I owe him a lot, but I am also grateful for his time. There are a lot of other people I'm not mentioning, but I'm thankful for everyone. I am blessed and I hope that I can share this with others who share my situation.

No comments: