Saturday, October 11, 2008

Chalk It Up

Chalk It Up took place downtown today on Houston street downtown. 3 whole blocks of street shut down so people could come and draw everywhere with chalk. It was a great atmosphere to relax and somewhat relive your childhood spending time drawing pictures. I hardly take the time to draw anymore mostly because I'm not real good at it.

The amount of talent in this world amazes me. It's nice to go to an event like this and go home feeling smaller and the world feels bigger. I've heard some people say they see God mostly in the mundane things in life. I have to agree that something as mundane as a child drawing with chalk, or a group of kids breakdancing, or an old man drawing a mural of jazz music is how I saw God today. Hopefully I'll begin to look for Him more often.

No comments: