Sunday, February 22, 2009

We'll Never Make It

Just finished a really great week at DNOW 2009. It was so cool to see different churches come together to worship and go out and serve. Some kids painted, other helped out at assisted living center, some walked around the mall praying for people. I was in charge of all of the video work and capturing everything.

A phrase stuck out to me when I was interviewing a kid and he said " We are just walking around and praying and doing all that we can." For me it is so liberating to know I'm not a hero. Only through Christ can I take part in any goodness of life. At the end of the day I'm beat, and I know I can't do it all, but I also know that God is faithful and in that I find rest when I can no longer go on. We will never make it on our own.

When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I love you." He said to him, "Feed my lambs." 16He said to him a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I love you." He said to him, "Tend my sheep." 17He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, "Do you love me?" and he said to him, "Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you." Jesus said to him, "Feed my sheep. 18 Truly, truly, I say to you, when you were young, you used to dress yourself and walk wherever you wanted, but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will dress you and carry you where you do not want to go."
John 21:15-18 (ESV)

No comments: